Saturday, January 31, 2015

Friday, January 30, through Thursday, February 5, 2015: Back In The Desert, Week 6:


Becky was due to leave for her annual blowout at Terranea, the resort in Palos Verdes, with her buddies from the Organization of Women Executives.  She dropped off the dogs at the Grand Paw Pet Resort at 9:00 AM and came home to pack for her trip. 


At 11:00, we picked up her car at the Enterprise office in Cathedral City and she was on her way.  I stopped at a nearby Best Buy on the way home and talked to someone who nearly convinced me that I would not be able to solve my home theater problem until I took a course in electronics.  I then did some food shopping that Becky had ordained and returned home.  Later I stopped at Dr. Czako's to get my stitches taken out. 


Everything's OK. After returning home, I did some more research for my electronic problem and located a professional installer who informed me that, for a number of very believable reasons, my best solution would be to simply go on ebay and get another of the same product I now had and stop trying to improve the situation beyond that.  I did just that.  The new unit should arrive in a couple of days.  I can sleep now.

Saturday was strange, waking up without dogs or Becky, and actually having little to do on the agenda.  I ended up doing a little more shopping, watched a few TV shows that Becky hates, including an awards show on the NFL Network that was just awful,


and spent the rest of the day relaxing.  In mid-afternoon, we had an unexplained power failure in the RV park that made everyone dread having no way to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday.  It was fixed in just a few minutes.  Whew!!!   After throwing away a box of bug-infested Kraft macaroni that I had been looking forward to eating (Becky had retrieved it from her dad's house; it could have been there for several years), I made myself a simple dinner out of a batch of spicy marinara spaghetti that was wonderful, and looked forward to watching the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Sunday morning, I tidied up the "house" then headed for The Grand Paw to pick up Ramsey and Kelsey.  On the way, I stopped to have the truck washed for the first time in months.  It looks pretty good, considering it has almost 260,000 miles and a number of incidental bumps and bruises on it.


Becky returned at 2:00 PM and we settled in to watch the Super Bowl game.  It was one of the best ever.  I have always liked the Seahawks, tempered a bit because I don't like Pete Carroll at all, and I really don't like the Patriots.  So, I was forced to root for Seattle.  It was a disappointment that the Seahawks lost the game, but it was nice to see that Pete Carroll is being roundly criticized for the boneheaded play he called that lost a game that was clearly in Seattle's hands. 


Monday was a day to dry out after all the food and booze we (rather, I) consumed over the weekend, and I just relaxed.  Becky played pickleball, of course, and we walked the dogs, and we returned the rental car.  After my workout on Tuesday at Gold's Gym (now called EOS Fitness, by the way) we went to an actual theater an saw American Sniper.  Terrific film. 
 
 
Wednesday evening was Ramsey's obedience class, and he did very well.   Thursday was Becky's day to go to Pasadena to meet with the family again, and I tended the dogs while she was gone.  All went well, except that Ramsey is an annoying pest when Becky's not here.  He thinks my sole function is to take him out for walks.  Since Becky had the truck, I rode my bike to the gym. (It's all of a mile away.)
 
I had sent my left-ear hearing aid to the factory for repair, and it came back on Thursday---except that they had replaced it with a new one rather than repairing it.  That's fine with me.        




 

No comments:

Post a Comment