Friday, December 18, 2015

Thursday, December 17, through Wednesday, December 23, 2015: In Recovey Mode:


For the time being, I am considering myself to still be in recovery from the surgery, so I'm doing little in the way of exertion.  I feel fine but I don't want to push it.  I drive to the Safeway and the Post Office, but that's about it.  Otherwise, my day is pretty much what it is in a normal period---reading, doing crossword puzzles, catching up on emails, and watching a little TV.  (Sheldon and Amy finally slept together!)


On Thursday we had a little snow, just a couple of inches.  It looks beautiful as it forms a blanket over our yard.


On Friday, I ventured out to get a pedicure.  I stole Becky's appointment. 


Saturday was a bit of a football day.  I printed out a schedule of the 41 bowl games this time around, and, while I have no intention of watching all of them, I don't want to miss any that might interest me.  While I watched a little football, Becky ran into a couple of our old friends from the South Rim at the Safeway. Dorthy Westmoreland  and Nancy Charette have become fixtures with Xanterra at the canyon.  Becky had a good time catching up with them.


Sunday was more football, professional this time.  And we watched the latest Mission Impossible film with Tom Cruise from the redbox.  Other than the ever-more-spectacular special effects, it was more of the same---but longer and more confusing. I didn't care for it; Becky thought it was OK.


Monday we returned to Flagstaff so Becky cold get her hair cut at the Tirzah Salon.  I also stopped at Ace Automotive to have them see if they could get our new bed cover to work properly.  (I couldn't get it to close.)  All they had to do was show me the proper way to close it.  Duh!  I also picked up a pair of gloves from Peace Surplus


and two paper towel holders at Home Depot, for our garage and laundry.  And we got a tutorial on our snow blower from Jay, our next door neighbor.  It seems easy enough;  we're expecting snow for Christmas so maybe I'll get to use it.


Tuesday was Becky's day to make "home made" cookies for our neighbors.  It's our joke that Becky's cookies are home made.  Actually, she just buys premade cookie dough and pretends.  It's a lot easier that way.  And the cookies are spectacular.  She also got a pedicure on Tuesday.  That's not related to the cookie adventure, I hope.


We returned to Flagstaff on Wednesday, primarily to see Dr. Boettcher, my surgeon.  While Becky walked the dogs, he took a look and said my scalp looked good and to just keep plugging away.  Since this surgery involved a larger and deeper area than the previous two, it will simply take longer to heal.

We decided to have lunch at Busters in Flagstaff.  It had been highly recommended by Danielle Worthington, our Realtor, and lived up to its billing.  (I had a delicious Reuben sandwich.) 


We also ran a few errands and picked up dinner at Pato Thai.  We'll use any excuse to eat their food.  It's great.  So another week ended on a placid note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment